As you approach the coldest months of the year it is important to plan ahead. Preparation is key if you are to keep your staff and visitors safe and your premises clear.
If you’re a facilities manager, caretaker, site manager or health and safety coordinator, what more can you do?
In addition to our gritting and snow clearance services, we also have a range of winter maintenance products available.
The Gritting Company can supply pre-packed rock salt in 25kg bags or bulk bags, as well as loose tipped salt, delivered directly to your site.
We supply the highest quality British Standard BS3247 rock and marine salt, sourced from long-standing trusted suppliers in the UK. This lessens the environmental impact of our winter maintenance activity and gives us utmost quality control, which is crucial to us fulfilling our promise to keep businesses operating as normal.
We use the same reliable UK-based partners we’ve always worked with. They’ve never let us down, and we’ve never run out of salt or grit, something most of our competitors cannot truthfully say.
If you don’t opt to use our gritting services, or if you’re an existing customer who would like to store some additional salt on-site for staff, we can also supply high quality salt and grit bins for both private and public locations.
Salt bin features at a glance:
Manufactured in tough, medium-density polyethylene, to withstand even the most extreme weather conditions
These grit bins are impact resistant, ensuring long-lasting durability, even if accidents happen
Supplied fully-assembled and ready for use, giving you an instantly usable product.
We can supply:
- 100 litre salt bins, supplied with an optional hasp & staple, to ensure secure access to your salt supply
- 200, 300* and 400 litre models, each optionally fitted with hasps and staples for your own security.
- *This model comes complete with in-built forklift recess for ease of handling.
- UK produced in UV-protected, high-visibility MDPE, the salt bins are available in yellow, red, green or blue. Why not choose a colour to match your brand?
We have a range of push along salt spreaders available. These hand-operated push along machines are perfect for gritting pedestrianised areas and smaller car parks, however restricted the space. They are a popular choice for microbusinesses and SMEs that don’t have a winter maintenance budget.
- Features at a glance:
- Easy to use, even simpler to maintain
- Designed by experts for both ergonomic operation and salt spreading accuracy – protect your operative as well as the surrounding environment
- With a weight of only 8kg when empty, this salt spreader is easy to push and manoeuvre
- A robust gearbox and hard-wearing stainless steel multi-vane spinner, makes this a long-lasting machine, which will safeguard your premises for many winters to come
- 25kg capacity to prevent multiple refills
- Hard plastic lid to keep salt dry and preserve its effectiveness
- In-built support leg for stability when resting or refilling
- AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH.
Over the years we have found that many businesses opt to keep a salt bin on site in addition to having a contract with an external company, like ourselves, to carry out mechanical salt spreading.
Keeping a salt bin on site allows staff to top up coverage in problematic areas or to enhance the gritting service. As a Gritting Company customer, we can arrange to refill your salt bin whilst we cover your site overnight.
By having a salt bin or 2 on your site, you are providing an additional layer of safety to your employees and customers. It is a way to allow site staff to take more responsibility for their safety – if there is a cold spot on site, they can immediately treat the area until a mechanical callout vehicle arrives.
Ordering a salt bin from ourselves, means that you are receiving an impact resistant, durable and long-lasting product. It is supplied ready to use – all you have to do is add salt! Our salt bins are sourced directly from the manufacturer who have been in the bin making business for almost 20 years. They manufacture all their salt bins using UV stabilised medium density polyethylene so that they can stay outside without cracking or discolouring all year round.
There are multiple ways to carry out salt spreading – from bucket and scoop, push along and towable spreaders to large lorry-mounted spreaders. Here at The Gritting Company we can arrange for the method of salt spreading to be tailored to each site’s requirement – no site is too big or too small!
Salt spreading during the colder winter months, has become a more key aspect of the health and safety measures of business large and small. As a business, you can choose to carry out salt spreading yourself or organise a company like ourselves to do it for you. Having an experienced business like The Gritting Company do this for you, takes out the guess work and stress of deciding when to grit.
Contact us on 01132532191 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all your salt spreading needs!