More than 157 years after our privately-owned company was first established, we remain the UK’s most reliable provider of gritting services and associated winter maintenance support, from the most northerly tip of Scotland, right down to the English south coast.
Some individuals overlook the need for winter maintenance provisions entirely. But it’s not just the highways that need to be gritted. If you don’t spread salt on your own site, you risk your business grinding to a halt.
As soon as you become a customer, you will automatically benefit from the insight of our bespoke Met Office weather forecasts, and the nationwide support of our robust gritting fleet.
We’ll proactively monitor the weather on your behalf to ensure that your premises have already been gritted, before the extreme elements can take their toll. You’ll benefit from the support of one trusted and incredibly responsive point of contact for queries large and small.
The weather doesn’t work on a 9-5 basis, so neither do we. There’ll always be a team member on hand to help you 24/7, and you’ll also be provided with emergency contact numbers for complete peace of mind.
Features of our gritting services at a glance
- With over 70 depots throughout the UK, we provide a local service, nationwide
- We arrive fully loaded, avoiding the need to store any salt on your site
- Where possible we grit through the night to minimise disruption
- And if you have on-site security arrangements, we’ll coordinate our activities with those too
- Our support is available 24 hours a day, throughout the winter season.
No contract is too large or small
- We only use BS 3247 salt, certified for its quality
- With a 20,000 tonne stockpile of reserve salt, we never run out
- We own and proactively maintain our own fleet, to prevent unplanned breakdowns or interruptions
- Flexible plans available